Mommy Makeover Miami
How To Regain Your Pre-Pregnancy Figure
Becoming a mother is one of life’s most amazing experiences but it can also change your body shape. It may be difficult to return to your pre-pregnancy form without having a procedure like a mommy makeover (MMO).
The word “mommy” has many meanings. Mothers are the bearers of life, protectors, and caregivers for their children. However, sometimes mothers need a little help themselves.
A mommy makeover can rejuvenate your body after pregnancy and breastfeeding by removing excess skin and tightening sagging tissues from the abdomen and breasts.
At Moon Plastic Surgery in Miami, one of the most common cosmetic surgeries is an MMO. In this article, you will learn if an MMO is right for you, what procedures are involved, recovery time, the cost, and frequently asked questions. You deserve to know all the facts before meeting with us for a consultation appointment!
takes 2 min
Book a Free Consultation
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a surgical procedure that is designed to help you recover your pre-pregnancy shape. The treatments can vary depending on your individual needs, but they often include breast lift, breast augmentation, tummy tuck, liposuction, or buttock implants. The beauty of the MMO is that you can have several procedures at once with just one recovery period.
What Procedures Are Included In a Mommy Makeover?
Following pregnancy, women are often aware of changes in their bodies. The abdomen, breasts, and buttocks are among the most prevalent regions of the body that may be enhanced with a variety of surgical methods. The ones listed below are just some of the possibilities.
1. Tummy Tuck
Tummy tucks, or abdominoplasty, are one of the most frequently performed plastic surgery operations. The surgery may improve one’s general appearance by removing loose skin and fat from the abdomen. Tummy tucks are frequently done for aesthetic purposes, but they may also be used to relieve other medical conditions including back pain. Tummy tucks are often used to reshape the abdominal area after substantial weight loss or pregnancy.
Patients who are expecting a child or who want to get pregnant should postpone undergoing surgery until after their family is complete. Women who want to lose weight should wait until they have reached their ideal weight before considering the surgery.
Liposuction, often known as lipo, is a surgical treatment that removes unwanted body fat deposits while also contouring a lovely form. Some individuals only have the lipo treatment, however, others may have several procedures done at the same time.
This procedure is not for treating obesity, but rather simply to remove unwanted fat. Liposuction surgery is a technique of removing extra fat and creating curves by inserting a hollow tube into your body.
1. Breast Lift
A breast lift, also known as a mastopexy, can enhance the breasts by elevating them and tightening the skin surrounding the tissue. Women’s breasts may lose their firmness and form owing to common occurrences such as pregnancy, weight reduction, genetics, and age. A breast lift will not enhance the size of your breasts. If you want to increase your breast size, talk to your doctor about combining this procedure with breast augmentation.
2. Breast Reduction
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, carrying excess weight in the breasts can reduce a woman’s quality of life. It can be difficult to enjoy an active lifestyle when you are in pain and under emotional strain. Breast reduction surgery can often help reduce these unpleasant symptoms. Excess fat is removed from the breast during this procedure, resulting in a breast size that is more congruent with a woman’s aesthetic goals and proportionate to her physique.
3. Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure in which breast implants are placed inside the breasts to increase their size. It is also known as an augmentation mammoplasty or a “breast aug.” This surgery may be used to improve your figure, enhance your self-esteem, or correct uneven breasts after pregnancy, or significant weight loss. Breast implants are made from saline solution or silicone.
Lower Body Procedures
There are two primary kinds of buttocks enhancement: implants and the Brazilian Butt Lift, commonly known as the BBL.
1. Buttocks Implants
Buttock implants are inserted into the area to increase volume and provide a boosted look. The implants are permanent, and the operation has an excellent success rate. Butt implants are becoming more popular because they are effective and generally safe. The desire to appear more attractive is one of the most common reasons for butt augmentation. Butt injections may increase flat or drooping buttocks or make them appear more prominent.
2. Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)
The form and symmetry of the buttocks are crucial elements in creating a beautiful, well-proportioned physique. A Brazilian butt lift is a surgery that aims to provide you with more toned, firm, and lifted buttocks. During the operation, the cosmetic surgeon removes fat cells from your body. The fat cells are then transplanted to your buttocks by the surgeon. After BBL, fat cells may take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks to mature. The final results might take up to a year.
Preparing for Your Mommy Makeover
You may be asked to take certain medicines or alter your regular treatment while preparing for a mommy makeover.
Smoking is also an important consideration as it can increase your risk of complications from surgery.
Anti-inflammatories and herbal medicines should not be used because they might cause excessive bleeding during and after surgery.
Check our Discounts
Mommy Makeover Recovery
After your procedure, the doctors will apply bandages to your incisions. Compression garments may also be used. This aids in the reduction of swelling and promotes tissue healing.
Specific instructions will be given to you, including information about:
- Scheduling follow-up appointments with your surgeon
- Caring for your surgical site properly
- Required prescription medications that will help with the healing process
Is a mommy makeover right for me?
A mommy makeover is a highly personalized surgery. If you are thinking about getting a mommy makeover, remember to do it for yourself rather than to meet someone else’s standards or try to fit an idealized image. Allow yourself to discover what you truly want. First and foremost, look within yourself.
You may be a good candidate for the procedure if you:
- Are in good physical and mental health
- Are finished having children
- Have stretched or loose skin in the abdominal area
- Have a positive mindset and practical expectations about the surgery’s potential benefits
- Weigh within 10 to 25 pounds of your ideal weight for your body type
- Have droopy or deflated breasts
Mommy Makeover Cost in Miami
The expense of a mommy makeover is determined by where you want the operation done, the facility, the surgeon, and what will be included. However, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost is roughly $9,000 to $20,000.
For a more accurate quote on mommy makeover in Miami, get in touch here.
Meet Your Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Mario Reyes MD
Dr. Ernesto Torres
Dr. Richard Lung
Mommy Makeover Benefits
Becoming a mother is an amazing and wonderful experience. However, pregnancy, delivery, and breastfeeding place a tremendous amount of strain on the body. Many women struggle with how their body looks after having children. A loose fold of skin maay be seen in the stomach region. Breasts can droop and appear deflated. A mommy makeover is one way to solve these concerns since it will allow you to enhance your overall appearance.
Patients find it more convenient to have all of their treatments done at once, which helps them avoid lengthy recuperation and recovery periods while also allowing them to witness the outcomes quicker.
The benefits of a mommy makeover surgery for patients include the following:
- Increased confidence. When people are attractive, they feel better. Childbirth may have a detrimental impact both physically and emotionally. Many women are dissatisfied with their bodies following childbirth and may suffer from low self-confidence. A mommy makeover helps moms reclaim their confidence by enhancing their appearance.
- Tightening or removal of excess skin. Skin in the abdominal region may become loose, saggy, and stretched. This can be remedied by a mommy makeover surgery where the excess skin is removed leaving behind smooth, tight skin that will improve an individual’s appearance.
- Reshaping the breasts. Pregnancy and breastfeeding can cause a woman’s breasts to stretch and sag. The tissue beneath the skin may also be lost, which is known as ptosis. A mommy makeover can help women regain their youthful appearance by providing a lift that will tighten the skin and reshape the breast for a plumper, more voluptuous appearance.
- Reduction of stretch marks. Stretch marks are a very typical side effect of pregnancy. Stretch marks are a result of the skin being stretched beyond its natural elasticity throughout pregnancy and/or weight gain. These stretch marks make some mothers feel self-conscious, especially when they want to go to the beach and wear their favorite bathing suits. A tummy tuck can help eliminate stretch marks that are located below the belly button area.
- Narrowing of the waistline. The abdominal area can sag after childbirth which can result in a less toned appearance. A mommy makeover will tighten the stomach tissues and narrow your waistline.
- Reshaping of the buttocks. During pregnancy, the hips expand because of a hormone known as relaxin that is produced during pregnancy. It is normal for women’s hips to spread as a result of those hormones. By lifting and tightening the region and filling out the buttocks, a mommy makeover may give you a more sculpted appearance.
- Improved overall appearance. Most women who have had children may feel that their body is not as firm or as toned as it once was. This is especially evident after having a baby and gaining a lot of weight during pregnancy. A mommy makeover will give you a more enhanced appearance.
- Fitting into favorite clothes. Many women may have clothing in their wardrobe that became too tight during the pregnancies and some women may have never been able to fit into their clothing again. A mommy makeover may help you get back in your favorite clothing because it can tighten and reshape loose skin, allowing clothing to fit better and drape well.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mommy Makeover Surgery
Can I have children after a mommy makeover surgery?
You will still be able to conceive after the surgery. However, if you have a baby after your surgery, the outcomes of your operation may be considerably jeopardized or completely reversed. For this reason, we recommend having the surgery only after you are finished childbearing.
Are there any complications associated with a mommy makeover?
Although mommy makeovers are typically safe, every operation poses potential risks. During your consultation, the surgeon will go through the risks involved to allow you to make an educated decision regarding the operation.
Any surgery has the potential for bleeding, scarring, and infection. Scars will fade with time, however, they may not entirely disappear. You can minimize the risk of complications by providing a complete medical history and following your instructions precisely.
Is mommy makeover covered by insurance?
In general, mommy makeover surgery is viewed as an elective cosmetic operation, which means it is not covered by insurance.
Do I have to have all of the procedures listed above as part of mommy makeover surgery?
No, you do not. The mommy makeover is customized to your unique requirements and needs. This may be discussed with your surgeon at the consultation.
When women become pregnant, their bodies often undergo significant changes that cannot be reversed simply by exercise and diet. If you are looking for the