Buccal Fat Removal Miami (Bichectomy)
Enhance your facial features with our buccal fat removal (bichectomy) procedure in Miami. Moon Plastic Surgery’s skilled team helps reveal your attractive jawline by addressing stubborn chubby cheeks. Experience a confidence boost with our tailored services.
Book A Free Consultation
What Is a Buccal Fat Removal or Bichectomy?
A buccal fat removal, or bichectomy, is a specialized cosmetic surgical procedure that targets the removal of excess fat pads in the lower cheek area, known as buccal fat. By eliminating this fat, the procedure sculpts the face, accentuating cheekbones and creating a more defined, slimmer appearance. Performed by skilled surgeons, buccal fat removal is a safe and effective way to enhance your facial contours and boost your confidence.
Who is a Good Candidate for Buccal Fat Removal?
The choice to undergo buccal fat removal should be a personal decision made by those who are self-conscious about their chubby cheeks. It is crucial to undergo this procedure for yourself, not to please others or fit an idealized image.
You may be a suitable candidate for buccal fat removal if you:
- Are in good physical health and maintain a stable weight,
- Have realistic expectations about the results,
- Feel self-conscious about your plump cheeks.
Before deciding on surgery, it’s wise to research the procedure (in this case, buccal fat removal) and review before-and-after photos. Well-informed patients often experience more positive outcomes and faster recoveries.
What is the Cost of Buccal Fat Removal in Miami?
In Miami, buccal fat removal usually ranges from $2,000 to $5,000. The exact cost may vary for each individual, depending on the treatment details and the pricing of the chosen clinic.
Tips for Finding the Best Price and Quality for Buccal Fat Removal
To ensure you get the best value and results for your buccal fat removal, consider the following tips:
- Research multiple clinics: Explore various clinics in Miami, comparing their prices, experience, and customer reviews.
- Schedule consultations: Meet with potential surgeons to discuss your goals, expectations, and to get a feel for their expertise.
- Ask for recommendations: Reach out to friends or online communities for personal experiences and suggestions.
Is Buccal Fat Removal Covered by Medical Insurance?
Buccal fat removal is typically considered a cosmetic procedure, and as such, most medical insurance plans do not cover it. However, it’s crucial to review your specific insurance policy to confirm coverage and explore potential exceptions or discounts.
There are many financing options available for you to help cover the costs of your cosmetic procedure.
0% Interest if Paid in Full within 6, or 12 months. Up to $25,000
Interest free financing options (on approved credit and provider participation). No prepayment penalty. Up to $25,000
No-interest plans (6,12,18,24 months) Minimum payment required.
How to Prepare for Buccal Fat Removal
Proper preparation is essential for a successful buccal fat removal procedure. Follow these steps to ensure you are ready for your surgery:
- Consultation: Schedule a consultation with your surgeon to discuss your goals, expectations, and any concerns or questions you may have.
- Medical evaluation: Undergo a medical evaluation to ensure you are in good health for the surgery.
- Follow pre-operative instructions: Your surgeon will provide you with specific guidelines to follow, which may include stopping certain medications, avoiding smoking, and refraining from eating or drinking before the procedure.
- Arrange for transportation: Make sure you have someone to drive you to and from the surgery, as you will not be able to drive yourself.
- Prepare your recovery area: Set up a comfortable space at home with necessary supplies, such as pain medication, ice packs, and soft foods to promote a smooth recovery.
How is the Buccal Fat Removal Procedure Performed?
The buccal fat removal procedure can be done at a medical facility or your surgeon’s office, with patients typically returning home the same day. Here’s what to expect during the procedure:
- Anesthesia: A local anesthetic is applied to numb your face, ensuring comfort throughout the procedure. General anesthesia may be used if multiple procedures are being performed simultaneously.
- Incisions: Your surgeon makes small incisions inside your cheeks to access the buccal fat pads.
- Fat removal: The surgeon gently applies pressure to expose the fat pads, carefully excising and removing them.
- Closing incisions: The surgeon closes the incisions with sutures, often using dissolvable ones. They will inform you if any sutures need to be removed later.
- Procedure duration: The length of the procedure depends on your specific situation, but it usually takes no more than 2 hours.
What Is Buccal Fat Removal Recovery Process?
After your buccal fat removal procedure, your surgeon will provide you with aftercare instructions for your incisions. They may recommend using a special mouth rinse to promote healing and prevent infection. You will need to consume only liquids for the first day or two, gradually reintroducing soft foods once approved by your surgeon. Common post-surgical symptoms include:
- Numbness at the incision sites.
As your body heals, these symptoms will gradually subside. The average healing time is about three weeks, but keep in mind that it may take several months to see the final results.
Tips for a Smooth and Successful Buccal Fat Removal Recovery
To ensure a smooth and successful recovery from your buccal fat removal procedure, follow these tips:
- Follow aftercare instructions: Adhere to your surgeon’s aftercare guidelines for your incisions, including using any recommended mouth rinse.
- Manage your diet: Start with a liquid diet for the first day or two, then gradually reintroduce soft foods as approved by your surgeon.
- Rest and elevate: Get plenty of rest and keep your head elevated to help reduce swelling.
- Apply ice: Use ice packs to manage swelling and discomfort, following your surgeon’s recommendations on frequency and duration.
- Avoid strenuous activity: Refrain from intense physical activities and exercise until your surgeon gives you clearance.
- Keep your incisions clean: Maintain proper oral hygiene and avoid touching your incisions to prevent infection.
- Attend follow-up appointments: Visit your surgeon for scheduled follow-up appointments to monitor your healing progress and address any concerns.
By following these tips and staying in close communication with your surgeon, you can expect a smooth recovery and optimal results from your buccal fat removal procedure.
What Are Some Risks of Buccal Fat Removal?
When deciding on surgery, it’s important to weigh both the potential benefits and risks. Your surgeon will discuss the potential risks involved, helping you make an informed decision. Some risks associated with buccal fat removal include:
- Infection at the incision site,
- Damage to facial nerves or injury to the salivary duct,
- Changes in numbness or sensation,
It’s crucial to note that these complications are rare. By choosing a reputable clinic and following the recovery instructions provided by your surgeon, the likelihood of experiencing these issues is significantly reduced.
Benefits of Buccal Fat Removal
Buccal fat removal offers various benefits that can enhance your appearance and boost your self-confidence. Some of the key advantages include:
- Slimmer facial appearance: By removing excess fat from the cheek area, your face will appear slimmer and more contoured.
- Enhanced facial features: The procedure can accentuate your cheekbones and jawline, creating a more defined and attractive facial structure.
- Improved self-confidence: A more sculpted facial appearance can lead to increased self-esteem and confidence in your appearance.
- Long-lasting results: Unlike some cosmetic treatments, the results of buccal fat removal are typically long-lasting, as the removed fat pads do not usually regenerate.
- Minimal scarring: Since the incisions are made inside the cheeks, any scarring is hidden from view, ensuring a discreet and natural-looking outcome.
- Quick recovery: The recovery period for buccal fat removal is relatively short, with most patients returning to their normal activities within a few weeks.
What Other Procedures Can Be Performed in Conjunction With Buccal Fat Removal?
Buccal fat removal is most commonly carried out as a stand-alone procedure. However, it can also be performed in conjunction with other cosmetic procedures, such as a facelift, cheek or chin implant, rhinoplasty (nose reshaping), and facial or chin liposuction, to improve the patient’s overall appearance and enhance their aesthetic appeal.
Frequently asked questions
What's the Best Age to Undergo Buccal Fat Pad Reduction?
It is often recommended to postpone surgery to remove buccal fat until beyond the age of 20 due to the fact that the fat continues to expand until we reach our twenties.
Why? The same baby fat cheekbones that make our faces look rounder are the same buccal fat that gradually recedes with age, so while they give us a rounder appearance, they can also make us look older.
Having baby fat may give you a more youthful look, as the name says, but eliminating buccal fat too soon may end in changing your skin’s behavior too early. This is especially the case if you have fair skin.
Skin aging can be influenced by a variety of factors, including sun exposure, food, and general health. On the other hand, as we get older, our bones may undergo a process known as involution, which is characterized by a gradual reduction in size. Because of this, your skin may begin to soak into your underlying bone structure.
The removal of buccal fat can give a person the appearance of having a more aged face even if they already have a robust bone structure. During your meeting with a top plastic surgeon, they will provide you with insight. Nonetheless, eliminating buccal fat early may result in you looking older than you had intended. It’s possible that you won’t get the results you want from cosmetic surgery, which is typically meant to reverse the effects of aging.
Are the Results Permanent?
When you finally get rid of those fatty pads, they’ll stay gone for good! The effects of this are long-lasting. Even if you put on more weight, the fat pads in your buccal cavity will not return. However, the effects of your surgery may be obscured if you gain weight and consequently have a fuller face.
What Should I Expect Postoperatively?
There may be some inflammation and swelling, but within a few days, the majority of people find they can go back to work. After all the swelling has gone down, which should take four to six weeks (which is usually the length of complete recovery), the results of the buccal fat reduction will be obvious. There won’t be any apparent scarring because the incision was made through the cheeks.
When Are the Stitches Removed?
Stitches will dissolve in five to seven days after buccal fat removal, and there won’t be much scarring. Although sports and other vigorous activities should be postponed for a little while longer following the treatment, the majority of patients can resume work and other routine activities within the first couple of days.
When Are the Results Fully Seen?
When edema starts to go down two weeks following surgery, the results can be noticed. It is crucial to keep in mind that the full effects of buccal fat removal can take 2 to 4 months to manifest.
Dr Fernando J Lora MD
Tumescent Liposuction Recovery: What to Expect and How to Care for Your Results
Tumescent liposuction is one of the most commonly performed liposuction procedures, with many benefits to it. Still, before you decide to undergo this surgery, you
Tumescent Liposuction Scars: What to Expect
Tumescent liposuction is a popular and effective procedure for removing excess fat from specific areas of the body. One of the main benefits of tumescent
Arm Lift Cost in the US: What You Need to Know
The cost of an arm lift in the United States can vary widely depending on a number of factors, including the surgeon’s experience and reputation,
Coolsculpting vs. Laser Liposuction
Laser Liposuction and CoolSculpting are the most popular procedures for fat removal. So, what is CoolSculpting? What is laser liposuction? What are the primary differences
Liposuction vs. Smart lipo
Cosmetic surgeries have become popular in recent years, allowing people to improve their physical appearance. You can undergo invasive, less invasive, and non-invasive cosmetic procedures
What is Micro Laser Liposuction?
Liposuction is a popular cosmetic procedure for people who can’t lose with a balanced diet and regular exercise. Liposuction permanently removes fatty tissues and improves
Getting in touch with us is easy. Leave us your information and we will contact you as soon as possible. You can call us with any questions or inquiries