Liposuction (also known as liposculpture suction, lipoplasty, or lipectomy) offers many benefits to the patient:
- Liposuction is great for those who have a stable body weight but wish to remove stubborn fat deposits on specific body parts
- Liposuction patients can enjoy the health benefits that come with fat loss
- It has a beautiful, sculpting effect and helps to enhance the natural curves of the body
- Liposuction is less invasive than other plastic surgery procedures
- Liposuction is a safe, common and simple procedure
- There is typically less downtime with lipo than with other cosmetic surgeries
- Liposuction results are immediate and become increasingly apparent as the patient heals
- It is a safe way to remove stubborn fat that can’t be shifted with diet and exercise alone
- Lipo can help improve your self-esteem and body image
- Liposuction can help treat other conditions such as gynecomastia, lipomas, lipodystrophy syndrome and lymphedema.
Considering liposuction in Miami? Contact us here for more information.
Liposuction is also referred to as lipoplasty, lipo, liposculpture, or lipectomy.
It is an elective surgical procedure that removes unwanted fat cells from specific areas of your body.
Liposuction is best suited to patients who are at a stable body weight but who have been struggling to lose fat in certain areas of the body through diet and exercise. In these cases, liposuction can be highly effective.
Most patients choose to have lipo on their thighs, upper arms, hips and abdomen areas as this is typically where fat is the most stubborn.
Liposuction can sculpt your body contours beautifully and as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle, the results can be permanent and life changing.
Interested in learning more about liposuction in Miami? Click here to contact us.
Liposuction Key Points
Check our Discounts
Common Liposuction Treatment Areas
The most common liposuction areas are the following:
- Thighs. Excess fat on the thighs can be difficult to lose and it can be irritating when your thighs rub against each other and cause chafing. Liposuction can help you to achieve beautifully-contoured thighs with the removal of a layer of fat.
- Hips. Fat deposits on the hips are often called “love handles” or a “muffin top” and can be difficult to lose through diet and exercise alone. Combined with thigh lipo, hip liposuction can create a slimmed down silhouette.
- Abdomen. Abdominal liposuction is another common procedure that involves removing small areas of fat around the stomach area. Abdominal fat is typically difficult to shift and liposuction can be effective in these cases.
- Upper arms. Also known as bingo wings, excess fat in the upper arm area can make one feel self-conscious, especially when wearing short sleeves. If you have been struggling to lose upper arm fat, liposuction could be very effective.
For more information about liposuction in Miami, contact us here.
Are you a Liposuction Candidate?
Before confirming your liposuction surgery, your plastic surgeon needs to confirm that you are the right candidate.
When requesting elective surgery, you should always be 100% certain that you are doing it for yourself, your own self-esteem and self-image.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the following is true for the right candidates for liposuction:
- You don’t smoke
- You have elastic skin, strong muscle tone and are within 30% of your ideal BMI (Body Mass Index)
- You are generally healthy and don’t have any life-threatening conditions or something that would negatively impact the healing process
- You have a positive and realistic mindset with a deep understanding of what you want to achieve through liposuction
- You follow a healthy diet and lifestyle but have been struggling to lose stubborn fat in certain areas
What To Expect Post Liposuction Operation
After your liposuction surgery, you can expect some mild discomfort and pain.
The pain and discomfort is generally at its worst from days 2 to 4 post-surgery. You’ll have some bruising, tenderness and soreness for about 1 to 2 weeks after the procedure, which can be managed with pain medication.
You will likely be given a course of antibiotics to help prevent infection.
It is also common for swelling to last for 4 to 6 weeks after lipo, and you should expect some fluid drainage from your liposuction incisions for up to 2 days after surgery.
Resuming your normal life activities is a gradual process and you should be able to walk slowly after 2 to 3 days.
Most liposuction patients can fully resume their normal activities between 6 and 8 weeks post-surgery.
Moon Aesthetics recommends avoiding biking, running or jogging for at least 6 weeks and we advise you to avoid sitting or lying on your back for 2 months.
What Is The Ideal Weight For Liposuction?
There is no predetermined weight requirement for liposuction. However, you should be within 30% of a healthy BMI (Body Mass Index) in order for liposuction to be safe for you.
How Should I Prepare For Liposuction?
In the days and weeks leading up to your liposuction surgery, there are a few things that you may need to do in preparation.
Your plastic surgeon may request lab work or additional medical evaluations to ensure that you are a good candidate for the procedure and that liposuction will be safe for you.
If you take certain medications, you might need to adjust the dosage and your plastic surgeon may also prescribe other medications, depending on your health profile.
If you are a smoker and have been given the green light for liposuction, you will probably need to stop smoking in the weeks before your lipo procedure.
Moon Aesthetics may recommend that you don’t take any anti-inflammatories, herbal medicines or blood-thinning medications (e.g. aspirin or warfarin) prior to liposuction.
We also advise that you have someone drive you to our clinic on the day of the procedure and have them fetch you when you are discharged.
How Much Is Liposuction in Miami?
Liposuction prices vary according to the area being operated on and the amount of fat to be removed.
Generally speaking, liposuction in Miami for the stomach can cost around $4,000, while lipo for the buttocks could be as low as $2,000. These are the surgical costs and, added to this, will be the non-surgical costs for post-op care and materials.
For a more accurate quote on liposuction in Miami, get in touch here.
Meet Your Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Mario Reyes MD
Dr. Ernesto Torres
Dr. Richard Lung
Frequently Asked Questions About Liposuction Surgery
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is an effective cosmetic surgery that removes unwanted body fat.
Common areas for liposuction include the hips, thighs, abdomen and upper arms. Liposuction can sometimes remove fat from a number of body areas.
It is a safe procedure for those within a 30% range of a healthy BMI and its effects can be permanent as long as you follow a healthy lifestyle.
How Much Fat Can Liposuction Remove?
The amount of fat that liposuction can remove depends on your body and how much fat you have.
Generally speaking, liposuction can safely remove between six and eight pounds of fat but your plastic surgeon will let you know how much fat is safe to remove for your bo
What are the risks of Liposuction?
As with all surgery, liposuction carries risks. That being said, liposuction is a very common and safe procedure.
Some of the more common risks with liposuction include:
- Anesthesia complications
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Nerve damage
How many liters of fat can be removed with liposuction in Miami?
How many liters that can be removed with liposuction depends on your body type and the amount of fat you are already carrying.
As a general rule of thumb, it’s safe to remove between three and four liters of fat.
What is Smart Liposuction?
Smart liposuction is less invasive than regular liposuction. The procedure involves using safe laser energy to liquefy the fatty tissue before the surgeon suctions it out.
How to Massage Lumps After Liposuction?
Any lumps that develop after liposuction typically disappear over time as they are often caused by fluid accumulation.
If you find that you still have lumps a few months after liposuction, you may want to consider ultrasound therapy, manual lymphatic drainage, or laser skin tightening.
How Long Does Liposuction Take?
How long your lipo procedure will take depends on the amount of fat to be removed.
Sometimes, the surgery itself can only take half an hour. However, it can easily take an hour or more to remove the unwanted fat cells.
How Painful is Liposuction Recovery?
Like all surgery, liposuction involves a bit of pain. The worst of the pain generally happens between days 2 to 4 after the surgery and, after that, you should start to gradually feel better.
What Not To Do After Liposuction?
For 2 months after your lipo surgery, you should avoid sitting or lying on your back for 2 months.
Other things to avoid include smoking, lying in the bathtub, taking blood thinning medication and vigorous exercise.
Getting in touch with us is easy. Leave us your information and we will contact you as soon as possible. You can call us with any questions or inquiries